Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blow Drying Your Hair Away??



Do you blow dry your hair . . .

or do you allow it to dry naturally? It's quite something to think about. Many people don't but you should because it can affect the health of your hair.

Most blow dryers come with various settings where you can raise and lower the temperature. But this isn't an excuse. You should AVOID drying your hair this way.

It leads to breakage of your hair as well as split ends. Now that you know this, you need an effective way of drying your hair in order to prevent losing it right?

Here's your answer . . .

Towel dry using a patting and dabbing technique. Never rub your head when towel drying. It upsets your hair's roots.

Yes a blow dryer is a convenient commodity. But what do you prefer . . .

Longer drying time and more hair. Or faster drying time and less hair. Just something to think about.

Sometimes more hair growth is just a matter of getting into the habit of doing things differently. And it doesn't have to take much of your time just like the blow drying tip that you just read about. Most of us don't have a lot of time, yet we must do what we can to regrow our hair.

8 comments:

  1. This blog article is one I placed to show you a different side of regrowing your hair. It doesn't always involve some new technique.

    Often times it's the little things that count that we never think about. Please a comment below and tell me what you thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe some of what you blog about is commen sense..The other things you say come from research and or expierence..I naturally allow my hair to dry to avoid heat damage.I make sure I moisturize my hair while its damp and add oils in to seal the moisture in..This gives a shine when it dries. .My best advice is to nourish your hair and scalp.. listen to what your hair is trying to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems to be true! I have noticed lately that while blow drying my hair, I seem to lose a lot of it - mostly broken strands that I find collect on the floor. Wish I had thought of this earlier ... however, I think it is never too late to start treating my hair better! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is def true that blow drying can harm your hair. I have heard that many times. Thank you for this tip. Could you possibly let us women know how to get the volume a dryer gives without the risk of hair loss?

    ReplyDelete
  5. In response to the anonymous individual who said that most of what they read from me is common sense, I must say that is partially true.

    A lot of times good haircare habits really is just that, common sense. But all of us are forgetful and we have to be reminded of certain things that we don't often think about.

    Blow drying your hair is one of them along with many other things. Most of us get accustomed to doing things and don't really think about the damaging effects sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, blow drying deffinitely helps hairfall. Really wierd sentence to say, help the hairfall. Mr Green

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is true, about blow drying my hair..I color my hair, and I know this is bad. But, if I don't color, my hair is gray,and I don't like that either. My hair falls out around the front of my face. It is really thin on top. I keep it long so I can cover up my scalp Thank you for all the good tips, and information that you give us. I am done with the hairdryer.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes it is true, i used to blow dry my hair, and use a lot of gel and hair spray too, and now, sad to say i'm a person with very little hair, and it makes me very sad.but i've learnt my lesson the hard way, and now i'm trying my best to take good care of my hair. Christopher, is it ok to apply oil on your hair right aftera bath? coz i've heard that it;s not good to oil your hair when it's wet, please help. i would like to know, so that i too can oil it aftera bath, if it's beneficial.

    ReplyDelete